Dan Young's Guide Service
What to bring
- Appropriate clothing, suggest you dress in layers with head to toe
waterproof clothing. Yes even with the cover! Its cold while driving
out to our spots!
- Rain gear (Even if the weather is supposed to be perfect, bring rain gear!)
- Food and drinks.
- Appropriate shoes or boots.
- Sun screen.
- Appropriate fishing license and tags. (Must be presented before we leave the
- Chap stick.
- Large cooler for fish. (Not necessary to bring onto boat)
- Consider motion sickness and other medications that may be
Where to stay? Ask me about Lodging
I suggest you find a place near where we will be
launching from. Our day usually starts early and can
potentially end late. You may want to consider
staying in the area for 2 days. Hotels fill up fast,
especially during buoy 10 season in August. There
are plenty of opportunities for camping, including Ft
Steven's State Park and KOA. There are also
opportunities with local house rentals. I might be
able to help you find a place.